The search function in Plek is super quick and super easy. If you, for example, are looking for a person, document, or message you can use the global search function of Plek. With this, you search through the whole Plek, and not just inside a certain type of content.
Searching in Plek
If you want to search for something with the global search function of Plek, take the following steps:
- Click on the magnifying glass in the navigation balk.
- Fill in the term you are looking for (e.g. the name of a person, a theme like ‘participation’, or a department like ‘Finances’).
The search results appear directly, and the results are presented clearly. You immediately see where you need to be. For example, if you search the term ‘communication’ you will see the following:
- Recent messages with the word ‘communication’ in it.
- People who have the word ‘communication’ in their profile information.
- Documents and information pages where the word ‘communication’ is used.
- Events with the word ‘communication’ in it.
Below every block, it is possible to click on More to see all the search result with the term ‘communication’ in specific content (e.g. People’).
It is also possible to click on information pages, people, groups, messages, documents or agenda to only search in that specific content.
Below is a short video where we go through the steps.
If for your Plek a taxonomy is created, you can use this to filter documents. This makes it easier to find the document with the right characteristics.