If you are the owner of a channel, it is possible to highlight certain messages. You can highlight messages at the Plek homepage to generate some extra attention.
In the block overview, the message with the image will be placed at the top of selected channel or group.
In the timeline view, the message will be placed in a block at the top of the timeline, which is called ‘Important news’.
Feature a message
To feature a message, take the following steps.
- Hover over Messages in the navigation balk.
- Click on New Message.
You arrive at a screen where it is possible to create a new message:
- Choose Public Message (this is standard selected).
Then, the Public Message button will get the same color as your Plek (in the video below this is orange).
- Choose the channel in which you want to upload a message.
- Give the message a title and type your message.
Use the work tools above the text box to layout your message.
- Tick the box Promote as a Highlighted Message.
- Then, click on Upload Image and select the image you want to post (the ideal format is 667 x 300 pixels). You can crop or turn the image. If you finished editing the image press Done.
- When finished, click on Upload.
Your message is now uploaded on the homepage of all the members. Also, it is uploaded at the top of the selected channel.
It is always possible to edit or delete your messages.
Do you want to highlight your message even more? Then, you can send a notification through email or app.
If your message is finished, but you do not want it to be visible yet. Then, it is possible to set a date and time to upload your message automatically. This is what we call ‘Uploading a Message in the Future’.