On Plek you can quickly and easily post a message. A message is always meant for a specific group. In a channel, this means that all your Plek users are included in this specific group, except external users. Whether you can send a message in a channel or not, depends on the settings of the channel and your authorization level.
Posting a message in a channel
There are two ways to post a message in Plek:
- via ‘Messages’ in the navigation balk for more options;
- directly from the home page of Plek for a quick and simple update.
It works more or less the same. Below we give an example of posting messages through ‘Messages’ in the navigation balk.
- Hover over Messages at the navigation balk above the home page.
Now you will see a drop-down menu which gives you a few options.
- Click on New Message.
If you have the authorization to post a message in a channel, then the option ‘Public Message’ is automatically selected.
- Select the channel in which you want to upload a message.
- Give your message a title, write your message and if desired add an attachment.
Use the work tools above the text box to edit your message.
If you don't want to post your message yet, you can choose to save it as a concept. It is also possible to change the publish date of your message.
- When finished press Post.
Your messages will be posted at the top of the timeline of your chosen channel.
- If you want to emphasize your message, it is possible to highlight your message. To see the steps, you must go to ‘making a highlighted message’.
Below a short video where we go through the steps.
Do you want to send someone a notification about your message or a message from others? It is possible to mention someone (e.g. @Mark). This person will then get a notification about this message.