At Plek it is possible, just as in Google, to find everything in your Plek via the search engine. It can be useful to also use the taxonomy of Plek. With the taxonomy, it is possible to grant certain characteristics to documents, pages, events, messages, groups, and even colleagues. This makes it very easy to find everything and everyone.
Edit an existing taxonomy
To edit an existing taxonomy, take the following steps:
- First, go to the Admin section in your Plek: hover over your own name at the menu and click on Admin.
Now you arrive at the Admin panel. In the left sidebar, there are different components, including Taxonomy.
- Click on Taxonomy.
You will arrive at the overview of the existing taxonomies. Here it is also possible to change and give content to the existing taxonomies.
- Click on the name of taxonomy or click on the edit icon at the right of the taxonomy.
- Then, click on Edit Taxonomy.
Here you can edit the settings of your taxonomy.
- Change the name, the components to which the taxonomy belongs, the authorizations and/or the category or group to which this taxonomy belongs.
- Click on Save if you correctly edit the taxonomy.
It is always possible to delete or add terms to your taxonomy.
Below is a short video where we go through the steps.
Pay attention that with the editing of existing taxonomies the existing document with the changed terms can be more difficult to find. It is also possible that the terms are not sufficient anymore or are now overlapping.