Information pages inside Plek are static pages of the traditional intranet. Here it is possible to upload information about the intranet or about the company. You can also upload different documents, for example, about absenteeism and the CLA. Inside the information page, you can add a hierarchy with main pages and subpages. A complete brochure can be found here.
Creating an information page
To create one or more (sub) information pages, take the following steps:
- Hover over Information in the navigation balk.
- Click on New Page.
By creating a new information page, you can choose from three kinds of pages:
- Start page: which is the main page (this covers the subpages). For example, information about the intranet or who can help you with your question is uploaded here.
- Subpages: this page can be reached through the start page and covers, for example, tips about how to make groups.
- Separate pages: this page is not reachable through the menu, but it is saved on the database of Plek. If you copy the URL of the separate page, then you can paste this in a message or at another place inside you Plek (which can be the start or subpage). At a seperate page, you upload for example the CLA or information about this.
To create these pages, you follow the same steps. In this article, only the creation of a start page is shown. The start page is directly selected after clicking on New Page.
- Fill in a title and a page description.
The title can be seen later if you hover over Information in the navigation balk. Thus, try to keep it short and clear.
- Then, give the information page content.
If you add titles in the content, this will be shown on the right side as anchors. H1 is the head anchor and H2 a sub anchor. With the work tool, it is possible to add different components such as videos, images or links.
You can select a date on which you want to upload your information page. If you do not fill this in, then the page will be directly uploaded, or you can save it as a concept.
- Select the content owner.
This will be visible for all the users of the page once it is uploaded. Viewers of the page have the opportunity to mail the content owner for questions or comments about the page.
- It is possible to automatically archive the page.
This is useful, for example, if a new CLA is agreed upon. You can already create the new CLA page and give the old one an archive date. This way the transition is fluent.
- Managing links manually can be done in the text, in the right column or in both.
If the links are automatically generated, then the links in the text are also showed in the right column in order to increase the navigation possibilities.
- It is possible to add documents to the page.
These documents are shown on the rights side of the page.
9a. Click on Save Concept to upload or edit the page at a later time.
9b. Click on Upload to directly upload the page. This page is directly visible to the users.
Below is a short video where we go through the steps.
It is possible to add a form to your information page.