Posts on Plek can be posted in multiple languages. To make it easy to find multilingual messages, the taxonomy can also be added in multiple languages. Taxonomy is also known as search filters. In this article we explain how to set up multilingual taxonomy.
Create multilingual taxonomy
1. Go to the admin panel. You do this by hovering your mouse over your profile at the top right of the screen. A menu will appear. Click on admin.
2. You will now be taken to the admin panel. In the left menu, click on taxonomy.
3. Click add taxonomy to create a new taxonomy.
3. If you don't know how to create a taxonomy yet, click here to go to the help article that explains step-by-step what taxonomy is and how to create a taxonomy.
4. Enter the title of the taxonomy.
5. Below the title field, fill in the translations of this title. In the example below, this is done for English and Dutch. These field appear automatically, since your Plek account manager has set your Plek platform in multiple languages.
6. Have you entered the correct translations and settings? Then click on create.
7. As you may know, after you create the taxonomy, you also add terms to the taxonomy. These are search filters. You can read how to do that in this article (steps 9 to 12). When you create a new term you will automatically see multiple language fields appear for the languages available on your platform. Fill in the translations for each term and save by clicking create.