Want to get input from a colleague, or get someone involved in something? If so, tap an @ in a text field and select the desired name. The user will receive a notification of this.
Here are some examples of using this feature:
- Mentioning someone in a comment with the purpose of involving someone in a discussion.
- Point someone to a message in a group chat, so it is clear from whom you expect a response. The user is notified via a notification.
- Pointing someone to a fun post.
- Making an announcement related to a particular user; for example, if someone has won a prize.
- Introducing new employees. Through the notification, they are immediately aware of the message and possible comments.
Good to know
- Is it not possible to mention someone? Check if the user in question is a member of the group where the entry was posted. It is also not possible to mention external users in a channel message. External users do not have access to channels.
- A mention is also known as tagging.
- You can also mention multiple people by putting a space after the last mention and typing @ again.