Do you want the input of a colleague or to involve someone in something? Just tap an @ in a text field and select the desired name. The user will receive a notification.
Some examples to use this function
- Mention someone in a comment to involve them in a discussion.
- Point out a message in a group chat, so it is clear from whom you expect a reply. The user is notified via a notification.
- Pointing out an interesting message to someone.
- Announce something related to a particular user; for example, when someone has won a prize.
- Introducing new employees. The notification will immediately inform this new colleague of all 'Welcome' messages.
Good to know
- Is it not possible to post a notification? Then check whether the user in question is a member of the group where the message was posted. It is also not possible to mention external users in a channel message. This is because external users do not have access to channels.
- You can also mention multiple people by putting a space after the last mention and typing @ again.