It is possible to invite or to add people to a group of which you are group manager. There are two important distinctions:
- When inviting someone, you will send them an invitation. Then, this person decides if he wants to become a member of your group.
- When adding a person, this person will directly become a member of your group.
As admin, it is also possible to invite new users via a group to become a member of Plek as well as a member of a group.
Inviting or adding a group member
If as a group manager you want to invite or add someone to your group, take the following steps:
- Click on Groups in the navigation balk.
- Then, click on the group in which you want to add someone.
You now arrive on the page of the concerning group.
- Click on Group Members.
- Then, click on Add Members.
A screen appears where you can add or invite new members to your group.
- Select the person/persons you want the add to the group. Then, click on Invite Members or Add Members.
If you invited someone, this person will receive an invitation as an email and as a notification in Plek. This person can be found under invited members in the tab group members. If you added someone to the group, this person is directly added to the group member list.
Below a short video where we go through the steps.
In some cases, it is clear that someone needs to be a member of a group, in other cases people need to have an option to become a member. For example, send an invitation for the group ‘Carpooling to the Office’, but ad someone directly to the ‘Department of Communication’.